Monday, March 22, 2010

MAWA Art Auction

WOW, what a fantastic event. The volunteers and staff at MAWA really pulled it off. There were over 100 artist's works on display for auction ranging from emerging to established and the bidding was a frenzy. There was never a dull moment. The cupcakes were delicious and the draw prizes were worth hundreds of dollars each. This was my first experience at an art auction as an emerging artist and I learned so much. Thank you to all of my family and friends who came out. I was thrilled to sees the bids add up and the excitement as the bell rang. I was told that my art piece was won by a local Winnipeg art collector of great esteem. (they might say that to all the newbies!) I even had a brief chat with an art historian. Very cool! I hope to see you all out at the next event...Quilt Reflections 2010, April 9-11th at the Canad Inns Polo Park.

2 comments:

  1. It was so great to see you there! Your piece was beautiful and, I'm sure, will be well-appreciated in its new home. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed the event! It was awesome to see you there and I'm looking forward to the big quilt show...

    ReplyDelete