Thursday, July 8, 2010

A fibre artist's dream store




I have taken so many great art classes in surface design, painting and most recently, dyeing fabric. At every class I seem to find some new product that I learn to use and love so I am constantly asking teachers, "where did you order that?" They tell me it's from this distributor, or that website, but one name that stuck out in my head was MAIWA. This was a website that I was going to visit to order some Setacolor paints, some cottons, and some natural dyes.
Today, I was wandering through the shops of Granville Island and came across their shop! I stopped in my tracks. I didn't even know it was a physical store and I had no idea it was there! I was thrilled. I spent an hour perusing through the paints, dyes, wools and fabric and left with my arms full and my pockets empty. I even found some wax to try my hand at batiking. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the store was gorgeously colorful as you can see. If you are ever in the Vancouver area, this store is a must see!

1 comment:

  1. So cool when unexpected pleasures like that pop up on holiday. Now you'll have a whole new concept of the store and staff when you shop on-line :-) Enjoy the remainder of your trip ~ safe travels.

    ReplyDelete