Monday, August 16, 2010

Back in action


I finally have a chance to start blogging again. Summer can get so crazy. Lately, if I've had some extra time, I've been cleaning or organizing for a quiet weekend away with the family. I've been stuck at home (a bit under the weather) so I have done a bit of writing and, of course, played with some fibre arts techniques. I made this floral piece for a good friend's birthday. I tried to follow a store bought pattern, but the leaves and stems were so awkward and contrived looking that I did my own thing. She's just one of those really good people, so she deserved it. She always tells me that if someone dishes you out some SH*%! you just pretend its fluff on the end of your fingers and blow it right back in their face. Ha ha ha! Gotta love her because she is right.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brandy,
    Good to see you back - I admire how you find the time to do everything. Your fibre art piece looks beautiful, just from the photograph, so the actual art must be gorgeous, I'm sure your friend is going to love it. Enjoy the remainder of your summer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece is mucho better in person Brandy! You did a beautiful job and I'm sure your friend LOVES it too!

    ReplyDelete