Thursday, January 27, 2011

Painted Fabric Into Art

Anyone who reads this blog knows how much I love to create my own fabric, by painting, dyeing and all sorts of other fun techniques. But the last thing I want is a huge stash of crazy to amazing coloured pieces that I am not putting to good use.

So here is the latest piece I was inspired to use. First I made an acrylic gel mono print that I absolutely loved. Then I did some machine and hand stitching. I added beading in a wave across the centre and then I couched on some fancy yarns and floss. It turned out to be a beautiful winter snowscape perfectly indicative of the winter storm approaching my home town as I write this. We'll see if we are snowed in tomorrow.


Brrr! Love my warm cup of tea.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting piece!
    You need to come to BC!
    We are sunny and 5-10 C.

    ReplyDelete