Friday, October 26, 2012

The New Art Space


I've had so much fun over the last few weeks teaching, travelling and now my son's birthday and Halloween cap off a busy month. But the biggest project of all was moving my art studio from home to the Summerland Art Gallery space. I've been packing sorting, organizing, unloading and I've finally got things set up so that I can start to have fun.


For a basement space it has been beautifully painted by the previous artist, and has loads of windows and natural light. The blank white wall in the bottom photo now has a design wall so I'm ready to play. The blank wall in the top photo will soon be covered with cork tiles so I can adorn it with pages of brainstorming ideas for the poetry to art translation. 


My art gallery studio hours will be 10am to 2pm weekdays, but do call ahead at 250-488-4168 as I teach often and have a lot of fibre art and guild meetings.  I'd hate to miss you especially if you've travelled far. I love visitors, so please do stop by!









1 comment:

  1. Hey Brandy, congratulations, I'm proud of you!!

    Phil and I are planning a trip to Vancouver in February - it'd be great to see you and your studio!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete