Thursday, December 13, 2012

The 12 year UFO

I'm so excited to have finally finished my longest outstanding UFO. And I say outstanding because it feels incredible that I actually completed a hand pieced, hand quilted, hand bound quilt. I started it way back in 2000 before my son was born. I took a community quilting class. I pieced the top of the sampler and even quilted half of it but then found myself discouraged by a grumpy teacher and tucked it away. (Don't be a miserable teacher! People remember you forever!) I even convinced myself that it wasn't a big deal because my new infant turned out to be a boy and the quilt was a bit girly with the flowers and light fresh colours.

Now that I have been working at Brandy Lynn Designs for almost a year now I was invited to do my very first Trunk Show. (which took place yesterday, and it was so fun!) SO I decided that once and for all this quilt needed to be finished. So I put the last stitches in the binding just in time for the show. As I was talking about it, a quilter mentioned that I should put on the label:

This quilt took 12 years to make and was finished just in time for my very first trunk show which took place on the 12th day of the 12th month of the 12th year!

Here's my lovely little sampler quilt. ALL DONE!







No comments:

Post a Comment