Sunday, May 12, 2013

The BEST Mother's Day ever!

Happy Mother's Day to all of my lovely quilting friends out there (and to my own Momma too)! I so appreciate all of the support and kind words I receive on a daily basis in the quilting world. I'm so lucky to be surrounded by strong beautiful women in my life (and a few wonderful men too!)

For me, this has been the best Mother's Day ever. It started a few days ago when my son brought home a secret surprise from school and had fun teasing me that I have to wait. This morning I woke up to hugs and kisses and a very thoughtful gift. The card had a little photo of him at school in the process of making my gift out of clay.


Then he made me a quilt poster with the sweetest words ever! I tried very hard not to cry, but the happy tears just flowed (which garnered more hugs, so that worked out). But he painted this paper quilt using a tape resist, hand stamps, markers and watercolour. He even added salt to cause cool effects with the paint. Here's what he wrote...

Mothers are like quilts...
They are soft and warm...
And wrap you up with love.
Happy Mother's Day!!!


And then there was the gift. Gavin made a clay castle for me. He says that it took them a few days because they had to build the castle, then let it dry, then glaze it, then fire it. He said they got to use a bunch of cool tools that looked like they were from the dentist's office. I love it!



So HAPPY, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY ladies!



1 comment:

  1. Love what your son wrote and what he created for you, what a special Mother's Day gift! The combo of quilts and clay certainly caught my attention.

    ReplyDelete