Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tuesday Preview - CQT Episode 20!

CQT Episode 20 - Charity Quilts

I can't believe it's EPISODE 20! We've come a long way baby! I was all set on an idea to air for this episode when I heard about the Typhoon Haiyan disaster on Nov. 8th in the Philippines. There was so much destruction and tragedy that I set my ideas aside and ran in another direction to bring you my first of many episodes on Quilting for Charity. 



On this episode I'll talk about my inspiration to send quilts to the Philippines and what I learned along the way about what they really need instead. Then we'll focus back on Canada and how you can make a difference with charity quilting in your local community. 

And now for the winner of our weekly Quilter's Corner! Today's Prize is brought to you by Brandy Lynn Designs. I don't have my own holiday pattern in print yet so I chose this adorable Snowman Wall Quilt designed by Rachel's of Greenfield. It is an entire kit including all the fabric required that you can easily pull together just in time to add to your holiday decor.  


And the winner is . . . Congratulations to Jenny Faasavalu! Thank you for sending in your story. I think I found your blog Jenny, but it seemed like podcast notes…but with no bio or author attached, so if that's you, then I encourage everyone to look for the Off Kilter Quilt online and check it out. If not, well, then I'm just advertising for some random person! LOL - Congrats Jenny! 

AND NOW I'm heading back into my email abyss and the fog of Facebook to search out whether I missed anyone's Quilter's Corner stories because I AM COMPLETELY OUT! Don't you have a story? Send me an email to info at explore fibre dot com with your story and you could win. And if you have sent a story and haven't won a prize, contact me right away to let me know. Email is best because Facebook messages sometimes disappear. There are magazines, holiday patterns and more coming up, so you don't want to miss out.

Until next time . . . dream big and work hard in the studio with CanadianQuilt Talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment